background

Friday, September 24, 2010

I draw portraits , mostly of my grandchildren --but I have drawn for other people too ( for a fee)Am I famous ? To my kids and grandkids ..;)I display in several places in Olney , through the OAC . Right now I have work in the Court House ==Sheila Ritter's area .For sale ? I have been commisioned to draw for several people .I do have Web albums , but I have to invite by "invitation only "I was taught by my brother , Stan Novak .He is my inspiration , and my hero in the Art World . I used to try to give him all the credit , but he would not accept that --he said "I helped you find it , that's all " Art is an outlet to help me relax ....Do I have a day job ? I babysit 4 or 5 days every week for one of my grandchildren ( --he is almost 2 )My biggest challenge as artist ? My brother , Stan passed away 1 1/2 years ago ---way to early in my learning experience ! I have thousands of questions yet to ask him !What do I want to be in my next life ? Hmmmm ...are you sure there is a next life ? If there is , I think I would happy to live this one over again , and correct the many mistakes I made this time around !!!! But we can't do that can we ? I would like to answer one question that several people have asked me "Do I wish I had started to draw earlier in life ?" No , I had to wait until my life quieted down ...and the time was available to spend on it . You can never change the past ...just move on and keep trying to make the most of each day ..

Scroll down to see an exhibit of Debbie's work.

2 comments:

  1. Debbie is a terrific artist! Her talent is revealed in the details of her work as she captures the essence of each of her subjects. Devoted to her Lord and her family, her joyful and caring ways are refreshing attributes that delight her many friends. Her spirituality guides her in her works and is revealed throughout her canvas portraits and landscapes.
    Kudos to Debbie for pursuing her dreams and talents with a brave heart and abundant faith. The best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spoken from the heart of a wonderful friend of mine !!! love ya !!

    ReplyDelete

calendar

Followers